Hey y’all. I am Lexa from Culinary Couture…today I am taking a break from my normal foodie musings to drop some knowledge.
When JP asked me to post here, I immediately decided I was going to post one of my dating horror stories. Believe me, they are numerous. But then, upon some introspection, I realized most of these tales could have been avoided. In fact, they only had one thing in common…me.
Yes, I was the problem. Ladies, you are probably the issue most of the time as well.
Look, I am not one for the blame game, but you have to admit that sometimes us women just plow full speed ahead. We will ignore the signs, lie to ourselves. Well, I am here to speak some truths. You could be doing everything right, but I still have a shit ton to learn. Hell, just because I am writing this here list for you I would never be so bold to promise that I won’t ignore these signs once again. Baby steps, kids. Admitting the problem is the first step.
So without further ado, here are a few things that should send you running for the hills:
- He doesn’t call you back within a reasonable amount of time: If he likes you, he is going to call. It doesn’t have to be 20 minutes after you leave him a message, but none of this three day bullshit. Stop making excuses. Same goes with email. If it takes him more than 24 hours to get back to you and you have been on more than three dates, probably time to consider your future.
- He acts like he is doing you a favor every time you see him: If a guy wants to spend time with you, he will do it. He should not make a huge ordeal about how much he had to move around or things he had to cancel for a date. Look, dick is a dime a dozen. If you want to get banged, you can always find someone else to do it. If you want a relationship, the guy should make you feel like you a priority.
- He has a girlfriend/wife: Enough said. Really, he will not leave her. If he does leave her, you will never trust him and end up hating yourself for dating such a spineless pussy.
- He spends more time primping himself that you do: That’s just annoying. Guys should smell nice and have reasonably soft skin. Three hair products? Not so much. You are the pretty, pretty princess, not him.
- He does not have friends: I know the whole basis of “I Love You, Man” was the dilemma of a guy without pals, but it happens. I have dated more than a few men that seem to only have a handful of buddies. Unless he has lived here for less than a year, he should have several social circles and you should meet them within a reasonable amount of time. Friends can really help someone shine…or reveal a dud.
- He only seems to materialize between the hours of 2-8 am: This isn’t a boyfriend, it is a fuck buddy. That is cool, but don’t kid yourself. You cannot turn a fuck buddy in to something datable. If you think you can, consider yourself dickmatized.
And there we have it, just some of the signs that this guy is not for you. Consider this a public service announcement, a gift from me to you.